On February 20, 2020, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issued an urgent recall notice for the Cuddle ‘n Care Bassinet manufactured by Kolcraft Enterprises Incorporated.
This recall is related to the ongoing nationwide recall of inclined infant and baby sleepers that have been linked to infant deaths.
Is My Bassinet Recalled?
Look on the metal bar between the bassinets’ legs to find the model number of your unit. If it matches the model numbers below, your product is part of the recall announcement.
- Kolcraft Cuddle ‘n Care 2-in-1 Bassinet & Incline Sleeper (model number starting with KB063)
- Kolcraft Preferred Position 2-in-1 Bassinet & Incline Sleeper (model number starting with KB061)
It is important to note that our law firm believes that any inclined baby sleeper product is inherently defective by design. If you or somebody you know has any inclined baby sleeper product, we urge you to discontinue the use of that product immediately.
Why is The Cuddle ‘n Care Bassinet Being Recalled?
The CPSC has cited that infant fatalities have been reported with other manufacturers’ inclined sleep products after the infants rolled from their back to their stomach or side, or under other circumstances.
The Cuddle ‘n Care Bassinet was sold at Juvenile product stores and many national retailers and mass merchandisers nationwide from March 2011 through December 2017 for about $140. According to the CPSC, there were approximately 51,000 units sold in the United States alone.
List of Recalls
The following inclined baby sleeper and infant bassinet models have been recalled.
- Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Play Recall (2019)
- Kids II Rocking Sleeper Recall (2019)
- Graco Little Lounger Rocking Seat Recall (2020)
- Delta Incline Sleeper & Simmons Beautyrest Baby Sleeper Recall (2020)
- Evenflo Pillo Portable Napper Inclined Baby Sleeper Recall (2020)
- Summer Infant SwaddleMe By Your Bed Baby Sleeper Recall (2020)
- Kolcraft Cuddle ‘n Care Bassinet (2020)
Please visit our law firm’s main webpage to learn more about how our lawyers can help you file a lawsuit – baby sleeper recall lawsuit.
Do I have a Cuddle ‘n Care Bassinet lawsuit? Contact a Lawyer for a Free Case Review.
If you or a loved one has suffered a loss due to the Cuddle ‘n Care Bassinet, or any other baby sleeper products, you should speak with the lawyers at Johnson // Becker.
The product liability lawyers at our firm have handled similar lawsuits in the past, are currently representing a number of families devastated by these recalls, and would like to speak with you if you have suffered a tragic loss from this product.
Please contact us using the form below or by calling us at (800) 279-6386. We would be honored to speak with you and respond promptly to every inquiry we receive.