The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recalled DailySale’s high-powered magnetic balls due to risks of ingestion and choking, and for violating federal safety standards. The recall was posted on Feb. 1, 2024.
According to the CPSC, the magnetic ball kit does not comply with federal safety regulations due to the size and the magnets being too strong. If the magnets were swallowed, the magnets could attract one another or another metal object and dislodge in the digestive system. The affected person can then suffer perforations, twisting, blocking of the intestines, infection, blood poisoning, or even death.
The CPSC estimates 2,400 magnet ingestions were treated in the hospital emergency rooms from 2017 through 2021.
The recall affects 216-piece 5mm Magnetic DIY Balls Magic Cubes. Around 105 magnet kits are included in the recall.
The CPSC advises consumers to stop using the recalled magnetic balls immediately and to keep them away from children.
Other Magnetic Balls Recalls
Questions About a Magnetic Balls Lawsuit? Contact a Johnson//Becker Lawyer for a Free Case Review.
If you or a loved one’s child has been injured or tragically killed by dangerous magnetic balls, you are not alone. Johnson//Becker lawyers are here to help. We are currently accepting new magnetic balls recall lawsuits across the country, and we would be honored to speak with you.
We offer a Free Case Evaluation. Please contact us using the form below or by calling us at (800) 279-6386.
We would be honored to speak with you and respond promptly to every inquiry we receive.