The manufacturer of high-powered magnets that can be swallowed by children has recalled its product, citing the risk of gastrointestinal damage.
According to the recall issued by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC), DigitDots magnetic balls can “become lodged in the digestive system” and “result in perforations, twisting and/or blockage of the intestines, infection, blood poisoning and death.”
The recall includes more than 119,000 DigitDots magnetic balls sold between March 2019 and January 2022. Recalled DigitDots magnetic balls were sold at 3mm and 5 mm sizes, and retailed for between $20 and $30 on Amazon.com or on ilovedigidots.com.
HD Premier, the manufacturer, is aware of four instances of accidental swallowing requiring surgery to dislodge the magnets. The CPSC is also aware of similar issues involving magnets requiring emergency surgical removal, and two related deaths.
Consumers are instructed to stop using the recalled DigitDots magnets immediately and take them away from children.
Questions about a DigitDots Magnetic Balls Lawsuit? Contact a Johnson//Becker Lawyer.
If you or a loved one has been injured by the defective DigitDots magnetic balls, you may want to speak with the lawyers at Johnson//Becker PLLC. We are actively filing new DigitDots lawsuits across the country, and you may be entitled to financial compensation.
We offer a free case evaluation. Please contact us using the form below or by calling us at (800) 279-6386. We would be honored to speak with you and respond promptly to every inquiry we receive.