The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recalled Ascend Cabrillo and Minaret electric bicycles due to fire hazards. The recall was posted on Jan. 25, 2024.
According to the CPSC, the wiring harness that manages the lithium battery charge was improperly assembled, posing a risk of overheating and fire while charging the electric bicycle. The CPSC has received three reports of the electric bike’s lithium battery catching fire, resulting in second-degree burns to one user.
Approximately 1,700 bicycles were recalled in the U.S.
Ascend Cabrillo electric bikes were sold in a sand or gray color with a rear storage rack. Ascend Minaret electric bikes were sold in black with red and gray accents.
The recall affects the following model numbers:
Model numbers are on the electric bike’s service label on the seat tube above the bottom bracket.
The CPSC advises consumers to stop using the recalled electric bicycles immediately.
Other Bike Recalls
- Supacaz Brand Bike Pedals Recall
- Lectric E-Bike Disc Brake Caliper Recall
- Pirelli Bike Tire Recall
- Shimano Bike Alloy Stems Recall
- Peloton Bike Seat Recall
- Gyroor E-Bike Recall
- E-Bike Battery Recall
- Rad Power Electric Bike Recall
- Ancheer E-Bikes Recall
- Trek Road Bikes & Handlebars Recall
- Cannondale Cyclocross Bike Recall
- Murf Electric Bicycle Recall
- Trek Allant+ 7 Bicycles Recall
- Shimano Bicycle Crankset Recall
- True Fitness Treadmill Console Recall
- Woom Original Kids’ Bicycles Recall
- Trek Bicycle Disc Brakes Recall
- Quality Bicycle Products Handlebars Recall
- Brompton Electric Bicycle Recall
- Pedego Electric Bicycle Recall
- Trek Super Commuter+ Recall
Questions About an E-Bike Recall Lawsuit? Contact a Johnson//Becker Lawyer for a Free Case Review.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a recalled e-bike, you may want to speak with the lawyers at Johnson//Becker. We are currently accepting new e-bike recall lawsuits across the country, and you may be entitled to financial compensation.
We offer a Free Case Evaluation. Please contact us using the form below or by calling us at (800) 279-6386.
We would be honored to speak with you and respond promptly to every inquiry we receive.