The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recalled the Rainbow Road Series board books due to choking hazards. The recall was posted on Sept. 21, 2023.
According to the CPSC, the books’ plastic binding rings can detach from the board books, posing a choking hazard for children.
The company Make Believe Ideas received two reports of the plastic rings detaching in the U.S.
Around 260,000 units were recalled, with an additional 12,900 in Canada.
What models of the board books were recalled?
The recall involves seven board books of the Rainbow Road series. These books are sold with plastic ring bindings.
The recall involves the following books and their corresponding ISBN numbers:
- Animal Counting | 9781803374802
- Dinosaur’s First Words | 9781803374932 and 9781803372211
- Old MacDonald Had a Farm | 9781803376790 and 9781803373355
- Rainbow Road Book Box | 9781803376288
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly | 9781803372945 and 9781803371580
- Things that Go! | 9781803374826
- Unicorn’s Colors | 9781803374789 and 9781803376622
- Where’s My Bottom? | 9781803372723 and 9781803376738
ISBN numbers are located on the book’s right-hand corner above the barcode.
The CPSC advises consumers to immediately stop using the recalled board books and keep them away from children. Consumers are also advised to dispose of the recalled board books.
Questions About a Board Book Lawsuit? Contact a Johnson//Becker Lawyer for a Free Case Review.
If your child was affected by a recalled kids’ board book, you may want to speak with the lawyers at Johnson//Becker. We are currently accepting new board book recall lawsuits across the country, and you may be entitled to financial compensation.
We offer a Free Case Evaluation. Please contact us using the form below or by calling us at (800) 279-6386.
We would be honored to speak with you and respond promptly to every inquiry we receive.