Higdon Outdoors recalled their battery packs of motion waterfowl decoys. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) posted the recall notice on Mar. 30, 2023.
Why did Higdon Outdoors recall the waterfowl decoy battery packs?
According to the CPSC, lithium-ion batteries (or li-ion batteries) and replacement battery packs in the waterfowl decoys can overheat while charging or right after charging. Overheating batteries pose a fire and burn hazard.
Higdon Outdoors and the CPSC received 20 reports of lithium-ion batteries overheating, including nine fire incidents and seven property damage incidents.
Approximately 45,000 units were recalled.
Which models of the battery packs were recalled?
The recall affects battery packs and replacement batteries for the XS Series Pulsators, Swimmers, Crazy Kicker and Flasher motion decoys used for waterfowl hunting.
The following recalled models contain a lithium-ion battery labeled “Sun Li-Ion Battery.”
- 50033 – XS Pulsator, Mallard Drake 12v
- 50044 – XS Pulsator, Mallard Hen 12V
- 50534 – XS Pulsator, Pintail 12V
- 52053 – XS Battleship Swimmer, Mallard Drake 12V
- 52064 – XS Battleship Swimmer, Mallard Hen 12V
- 52533 – XS Battleship Swimmer, Pintail 12V
- 52624 – XS Battleship Swimmer, Canvasback 12V
- 52243 – XS Battleship Swimmer, Bluebill 12V
- 53012 – XS Crazy Kicker, Mallard Drake 12V (with timer)
- 53072 – XS Floating Flasher, Mallard Drake 12V
- 53077 – XS Splashing-Flasher, Mallard Drake 12V (with timer)
- 50734 – XS Pulsator, Canada Goose 12V
- 52753 – XS Swimmer Canada Goose 12V
- 50053 – XS Pulsator Mallard Combo Pack Drake/Drake
- 50054 – XS Pulsator Mallard Combo Pack Drake/Hen
- 54034 – XS Pulsator and Swimmer Combo Pack Drake/Drake
- 99117 – XS Battery 12V 2.5Ah Li-ion, 2021 (for all XS motion)
The CPSC recommends that all consumers immediately stop using the above recalled models.
Questions About a Defective Battery Injury Lawsuit? Contact a Johnson//Becker Lawyer for a Free Case Review.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective battery, you may want to speak with the lawyers at Johnson//Becker. We are currently accepting new Higdon Outdoors battery pack recall lawsuits across the country, and you may be entitled to financial compensation.
We offer a Free Case Evaluation. Please contact us using the form below or by calling us at (800) 279-6386.
We would be honored to speak with you and respond promptly to every inquiry we receive.