The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recalled DR Power Equipment’s tow-behind field and brush mowers due to fire and burn hazards.
According to the CPSC, the mowers’ exhaust pipes can break and cause damage to the product, causing it to overheat. Overheating mowers pose a risk of fire and burn injuries, especially near dry cuttings or spilled fuel.
There have been 14 fires reported leading to mower damage.
Approximately 3,000 mowers are affected by the recall.
What field and brush mower models are included in the recall?
The recall affects DR Power Equipment and Generac brand tow-behind field and brush mowers. The following model and serial numbers are included in the recall.
DR Power Tow-Behind Field and Brush Mower
- TB 25044B EN | All serial numbers beginning with TB2, plus 3002188267 to 30024310751
- TB 25044B ENC | 30030052232 to 3004525033
- TB 25044B ENR | 3004734233, 30048355965, 3005064288, 3005471720, 3005548665, 3007678624, 3008122643
- TBM 20A ED TDVE OF1 | All serial numbers beginning with TB; plus 300275210
- TBM 20A EN TDVE OD3 | All serial numbers
- TBM 20A EN TDVE OF3 | All serial numbers
Generac Tow-Behind Field and Brush Mower
- TB 25044GENG | 3003540054 to 3004428691
The CPSC advises consumers to stop using the recalled mowers immediately.
Questions About a Mower Injury Lawsuit? Contact a Johnson//Becker Lawyer for a Free Case Review.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a field or brush mower, you may want to speak with the lawyers at Johnson//Becker. We are currently accepting new mower recall lawsuits across the country, and you may be entitled to financial compensation.
We offer a Free Case Evaluation. Please contact us using the form below or by calling us at (800) 279-6386.
We would be honored to speak with you and respond promptly to every inquiry we receive.