Trucking companies are regulated by state and federal law. Drivers must adhere to licensing and training requirements, safety inspections, and procedures for keeping track of the number of hours they have driven at any given time. Johnson Becker has a thorough understanding of the trucking industry and what to investigate when driver negligence results in a semi-truck wreck. Our Truck & Auto accident lawyers subpoena drivers’ logs, drug test results, training records, and analyze the on-board black box recorder to determine what happened at the time of an accident. If a driver or company cuts corners to protect their bottom line, we expose their actions and hold them legally and financially responsible.
Our nation’s roadways are crowded with motorists who do not signal when changing lanes, talk on their cell phones, or run through red lights at intersections. Johnson Becker represents people injured in motor vehicle accidents because of the negligent or careless driving of others. Our Truck & Auto accident lawyers immediately act to ensure your medical and employment benefits are initiated. Our personal injury lawyers consult health care and financial planners to build your case based on your future medical costs, need for medical equipment and medication, lost wages, and loss in quality of life. We establish the scope and impact of your injuries and demand compensation to meet your needs.
If you or a loved one is on or around our nation’s roadways, please read on for facts and the litigation surrounding Truck & Auto accidents.
Facts about Truck & Auto Accidents:
- Estimates of 41,000 to 45,000 traffic deaths occur every year within the U.S. Walkers and bikers account for 15% of the total traffic deaths each year.
- There are more than 200,000,000 licensed drivers in the United States. Yearly, 7 million motor vehicle accidents occur involving well over 3.5 million injuries.
- Current records show that most American drivers will have a near motor vehicle accident 1 to 3 times per month and will be in a collision of some type on the average of every 5 to 8 years plus these records also indicate that licensed teenagers are 22 more times likely to get a speeding ticket than those who are 65 years of age or older.
- In July of 2010, a $685,000 settlement was awarded to a man involved in a commercial trucking accident.
- In October of 2009, a $294,000 settlement was awarded to a man in a rear end auto accident.
- In December of 2007, a $1.4 million settlement was awarded to a woman who was struck down by an ambulance on the streets of Manhattan.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck or auto accident, find out how Johnson // Becker can help you. Fill out our case review form here on our website and submit it for a free consultation.