Oct. 2, 2019
E.A. Sween Company announced it would be recalling multiple products due to a possible Listeria contamination. The recall comes after Tip Top Poultry, Inc. initiated its own recall. Tip Top Poultry is a poultry supplier to E.A. Sween brands such as Baja Foods LLC and Suter Company.
All retailers across the country have been instructed to remove the affected products off the shelves immediately. Though there have been no reported illnesses from the possibly contaminated products, it’s important to avoid them all together.
The following products have been affected by the recall:
- Deli Express® Chicken Salad Wedge
- Deli Express® Tuna Salad Wedge on Wheat
- Deli Express® Egg Salad Wedge
- Market Sandwich® Dill Egg Salad
- Market Sandwich® Ranch Chicken Salad
- Market Sandwich® Albacore Tuna Salad
- Market Sandwich® Cranberry/Almond Chicken Salad Mega Wedge
- Market Sandwich® Everything Bagel
- Market Sandwich® Smoked Ham & Cheese SUB
- Market Sandwich® Ranch Chicken Salad Croissant
- Market Sandwich® Artisan Style White Chicken Salad
- Market Artisan® Albacore Tuna Salad on Wheat
- Archer Farms Cranberry Almond Chicken Flat
- Archer Farms Turkey Havarti Flat
- Good to Go Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad Mega
- Good to Go Chicken Salad
- Good to Go Tuna Salad
- Kum & Go Chicken Salad Wedge
Listeria Food Poisoning Symptoms
Listeria is a foodborne illness that may present itself within one to four weeks after eating contaminated food. Signs of sickness may include convulsions, headache, stiff neck, confusion and loss of balance.
Listeria is particularly dangerous to pregnant women and infants. Pregnant women may experience flu-like symptoms including fever, fatigue and muscle aches. However, it can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, premature death or life-threatening infection to the newborn.
Questions About an E.A. Sween Recall Lawsuit? Contact a Johnson//Becker Lawyer for a Free Case Review.
If you or a loved one has been sickened by products made by E.A. Sween that were involved in this recall, you may want to speak with the lawyers at Johnson//Becker. We are currently accepting new food poisoning lawsuits across the country, and you may be entitled to financial compensation.
We offer a Free Case Evaluation. Please contact us using the form below or by calling us at (800) 279-6386.
We would be honored to speak with you and respond promptly to every inquiry we receive.