Kombiglyze XR may be linked to numerous side effects including bullous pemphigoid, heart failure, heart attack, and stroke. Each of these conditions come with their own devastating list of symptoms that have adversely affected Kombiglyze XR patients well being.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with bullous pemphigoid or suffered from heart failure, heart attack, or stroke while taking Kombiglyze XR, you are not alone.
What is Kombiglyze XR?
Kombiglyze XR is a combination of two drugs used to treat type 2 diabetes, metformin and saxagliptin. Metformin is used to regulate glucose (sugar) production in the liver. It also works to decrease absorption of glucose by the intestines. Saxagliptin regulates insulin levels in the body after eating.
Kombiglyze XR’s Side Effects
Studies have observed that Kombiglyze XR may be linked to the following:
- Bullous Pemphigoid – A painful autoimmune condition that causes large blisters between the inner layers of the skin. It is almost always described as “extremely painful.”
- Heart Attack – A sudden and sometimes fatal occurrence of coronary thrombosis, typically resulting in the death of part of a heart muscle.
- Heart Failure – A chronic disease that causes the heart to not be able to pump blood as it usually would. Heart Failure is often fatal.
- Stroke – Damage to the brain from interruption of its blood supply.
Kombiglyze XR & Bullous Pemphigoid
Kombiglyze XR may be linked to the debilitating autoimmune disease bullous pemphigoid. This disease generally presents as large painful blisters that form between the first two layers of skin. These blisters are hard to rupture and are almost always described as being incredibly painful. If you or a loved one has experienced any of the following symptoms while taking Kombiglyze, contact your health care provider immediately:
- Unusual fluid filled blisters
- Unusual skin pain
Kombiglyze XR And Heart Failure
Heart Failure is a long term chronic disease that affects the heart’s ability to properly pump blood throughout the body. Heart Failure is treatable if properly diagnosed, however the disease often goes unnoticed until it’s too late. Kombiglyze may be linked to this life threatening condition.
Kombiglyze XR And Stroke
Kombiglyze XR has been linked to an increased risk in stroke. If you are currently taking or have taken Kombiglyze XR in the past, and notice any of the following symptoms, call 911 immediately:
- F: Face drooping. Ask the person to smile, and see if one side is drooping. One side of the face may also be numb, and the smile may appear uneven.
- A: Arm weakness. Ask the person to raise both arms. Is there weakness or numbness on one side? One arm drifting downward is a sign of one-sided arm weakness.
- S: Speech difficulty. People having a stroke may slur their speech or have trouble speaking at all. Speech may be incomprehensible. Ask the person to repeat a simple sentence and look for any speech abnormality.
- T: Time to call 9-1-1! If a person shows any of the symptoms above, even if the symptoms went away, call 9-1-1 and get the person to a hospital immediately.
Using this self monitoring technique (known as the FAST system) may save your life. Many who have suffered a stroke while on or after taking Kombiglyze XR have begun to file suit against the drug’s manufacturer, who has yet to pull Kombiglyze XR from the market.