Jake R. Jagdfeld is a compassionate and relentless advocate for those who have suffered life-changing injuries or lost loved ones due to the harmful behavior of others. With steadfast commitment to justice, since 2002 Jake has dedicated his legal career to representing clients and families involving serious injuries, catastrophic incidents, and wrongful death claims.
A Champion for Your Rights
Jake’s passion for the law rests in his unwavering determination to help individuals and families affected by careless, unsafe, and reckless behavior. He enjoys standing up for his clients against the powerful insurance companies and corporate interests fighting to deny them justice.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Jake’s experience encompasses a wide range of situations, including:
- Trucking and Commercial Vehicle Crashes:
Jake understands the devastating impact that collisions involving semis and other large commercial vehicles can have on victims. He has developed deep knowledge of the industry and its specific regulations, and tirelessly fights for the rights of those injured in such crashes, seeking compensation and accountability from all the responsible parties including anyone in the “transportation cycle” (broker, motor carrier, leasing company, shipper/consignor, receiver/consignee, or driver) who violates the law and causes harm
- Motor Vehicle and Motorcycle Crashes:
When a crash caused by a negligent, reckless, distracted, or intoxicated driver shatters lives, Jake can step in to provide experienced legal representation. Jake has expansive knowledge of insurance law and can help guide his clients through what can be a challenging process after an injury from a motor vehicle, or motorcycle collision. Coupled with his trial advocacy experience, Jake works to hold insurers and those who cause wrongful harm in a vehicle accountable financially to help deliver justice for his clients.
- Boating and Watercraft Injuries:
Wrecks caused on the water by unsafe boaters and other watercraft users are an unfortunate part of life in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. Jake’s familiarity with boating and watercraft helps inform his ability to successfully represent clients with these cases, and to maximize his clients’ recovery.
- General Personal Injury:
Whether it is a slip, trip, and fall or injury caused due to hazardous and unsafe conditions on a property; an attack by a dog; or other behavior that causes wrongful harms to his clients, Jake is able to step in to help his clients seek recovery for their injuries and damages. When a workplace injury is involved, Jake is knowledgeable of Minnesota workers’ compensation law.
- Injuries Due to Defective Recreational Equipment:
Bicycles, hunting, fishing, and other outdoor gear can be vital tools to peoples’ outdoor fun. However, when that equipment is unsafe or defective, serious injuries and even death can occur. Jake fights to help victims harmed by unsafe recreational equipment to recover fair compensation for them from the folks who manufactured and sold the equipment.
A Legal Advocate Who Cares
What sets Jake apart is not only his experience but also his genuine empathy for his clients. He understands the physical, emotional, and financial toll that serious injuries and wrongful deaths can take on individuals and families. Jake is not just a lawyer; he is a trusted partner who will stand by you every step of the way, providing compassionate support and dedication to help get your case resolved. Jake is a seasoned litigator and has tried many cases to verdict when a fair settlement could not be reached.
SELECTED CASE RESULTS
As a partner at Johnson Becker, PLLC, Jake has been involved as counsel in helping recover settlements and verdicts which include, but are not limited to, the following selected results:
- $7.5 million wrongful death settlement for family of a man killed in a semi-truck crash.
- $1.2 million verdict for an elderly victim injured due to an unsafe property condition.
- $1 million for elderly woman seriously injured in a semi-truck crash.
- $1 million for man seriously hurt in a fall on a jobsite.
- $900,000 for motorcyclist hit by SUV who suffered a traumatic brain injury.
- $700,000 for man hurt when performance carbon fiber bicycle came apart due to manufacturing defect.
- $600,000 wrongful death settlement for family whose child died after being hit by a dump truck.
- $575,000 settlement for man who suffered a mild traumatic brain injury and labral tear when rear-ended by distracted driver.
- $400,000 settlement for victim of head-on collision caused by texting driver.
- $300,000 for woman who had concussion and partial hearing loss after being hit by car while riding her bicycle.
- $300,000 for woman hit by a car while on her bicycle.
- $200,000 for woman injured in a motorcycle collision.
- $150,000 verdict for man with permanent back pain after a rear-end car crash.
- $120,000 for Colorado woman injured in a motorcycle collision.
SELECTED CONFIDENTIAL CASE RESULTS
- CONFIDENTIAL wrongful death/injury settlement arising out of a commercial truck crash.
- CONFIDENTIAL settlement for victim severely burned at a jobsite due to unsafe working conditions.
- CONFIDENTIAL settlement for victim of sexual abuse/assault by hairstylist.
- CONFIDENTIAL settlement for victim who sustained a neck artery injury causing stroke because of a neck chiropractic adjustment.
More About Jake
Jake was born in Colorado and spent most of his childhood growing up in Mankato, Minnesota. He lives in the Twin Cities with his wife and daughter. In his free time, Jake enjoys spending time outdoors both in the wilds of Minnesota and Colorado with his family and friends, hiking, downhill skiing, water skiing, hunting, camping, and riding horseback when he can. He is an avid fly-angler and loves to fish and being on the water and teaching his daughter how to fish. He is active member of Twin Cities Trout Unlimited-TCTU.
Jake is also a long-time supporter of veterans causes and has served as volunteer attorney with the Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans (MACV). He is on the Board of Governors with the Minnesota Association for Justice, an organization dedicated to advancing justice on behalf of the injured and consumers. He also serves on the advisory board for St. Paul-based renewable energy company, Verterra Energy, who engineers and builds modular hydroelectric devices.
- William Mitchell College of Law
- Juris Doctor, 2008
- University of Minnesota
- B.A. Political Science, Minor Journalism and Mass Communications, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Minnesota Association for Justice (MAJ)
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Selected to Super Lawyers 2014-Present
- Selected to The National Trial Lawyers “40 Under 40”
- Member of The Million Dollar Advocates Forum