Jennell K. Shannon is an associate attorney with Johnson Becker, PLLC. Jennell focuses her practice primarily on plaintiff-side complex civil litigation, including class action and mass tort product liability and data privacy litigation, in addition to class and collective action employment law litigation.
Jennell graduated from the University of Minnesota Law School in 2016 with a concentration in civil litigation and a focus on complex civil litigation. During her time at the University of Minnesota, Jennell served as Managing Editor of Vol. 100 of the Minnesota Law Review, President of the Litigation and Trial Advocacy Group, competing member and national competitor for the Intercollegiate Mock Trial Team, research assistant for Prof. Mark Kappelhoff, and volunteer for the Minnesota Justice Foundation. Jennell gained significant experience with civil and criminal matters as an intern clerk for Hon. Marilyn B. Rosenbaum and Hon. Thomas S. Fraser, an intern at the Minneapolis City Attorney’s office, and a law clerk for a local law firm.
Jennell has experience working on a wide range of civil matters but has an inherent passion for plaintiff-side litigation. Jennell brings this passion to her practice at Johnson Becker as she advocates for plaintiffs in class action, collective action, and mass tort litigation.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Class Action
- Collective Action
- Mass Tort Litigation
- Product Liability
- Data Privacy
- Employment Law
- Federal Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Minnesota, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, 2019
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN 2016 (Juris Doctor)
- Concentration: Civil Litigation
- Minnesota Law Review; Staff Member (Vol. 99), Managing Editor (Vol. 100)
- Honors: Dean’s A List, Lewis F. Powell Medal for Excellence in Oral Advocacy
- University of Maryland, College Park, MD 2009 (B.A. Government and Politics)